This is an Ex-Demonstration vest that is new but has been tried on, and therefore has some minor wear and marks. We have reflected this in the reduced price.
This is a one-off item available in size V60 - Chest circumference 60CM only.
Grab yourself a bargain!
Stabilising Pressure Input Orthosis (SPIO) assists children with Sensory Processing difficulties, stability or proprioceptive deficits by providing deep pressure. Since deep pressure appears to be an important somatic input for blance and movement control, SPIO is designed to provide and enhance deep pressure and sensory input around and toward the midline of the body to improve dynamic stability and postural activation.
SPIO is made of a unique lightweight Lycra blend fabric. The multi-directional stretch provides comfort with a strong rebound. This product aids in compression, is breathable, and comfortable to wear. These items are effective with children of all ages.
The SPIO vest is ideal for children with poor core muscle activation, stabilization, or weakness. Children with the diagnosis of Severe Axial Hypotonia, Athetoid Quadriplegia, Spinal Muscular Atrophy, or Benign Anterior Horn Cell Disease may benefit from the
use of the SPIO vest. It can also be used for children who need very intense sensory input.
- Provides shoulder-trunk-hip stability and mid-line orientation
- Increases body awareness
- Excellent trial orthosis
- To permit maximum freedom of movement in situations of neuromuscular
scoliosis, the SPIO vest can also be used in conjunction with a very flexible custom molded Thoracic Lumbar Sacral Orthosis (TLSO)back to which the front portion can be attached and adjusted
- Vest is adjustable to provide optimal cylindrical chest, abdominal, and pelvic
compression to assist core muscle activation and stabilization
- Great tool to assist with Hippotherapy treatment
- Standard double layer compression around the shoulder, trunk, pelvis, and hips
- front panel attaches to neoprene back with hook and loop tabs
- Shoulder extensions are individually adjusted for tension and angle of pull
- Worn down over the hips and anchored with a strap that fastens between the legs to prevent upward creeping on the trunk
- Sizes V51 and larger are made with a fully removeable crotch strap/tab for toileting
- Back Panel is made of a semi rigid but flexible velcro-sensitive 1mm neoprene that adjusts to front portion with hook and loop tabs
- Neoprene back panel is perforated to reduce overheating
Correct fitting is vital for deep pressure garments so we recommend you visit the Spioworks Information Hub (linked below) and read all the information before you take measurements and make your order. We would recommend you have advice from an Occupational Therapist, preferably experienced in Sensory Integration where possible.
Measure child lying down for circumference of chest at Nipple line. Premade shirts available from 41cm to 77 cm. Outside of these measurements custom made garments are a possibility - email for further info about this service.
Fitting information, FAQ's and printouts - please be aware this will open a new window in your browser. We are only able to sell this product in black at this time.
Please note: Size 41's and sizes in the 70's have been discontinued as of July 2017. We will continue to sell while we have the sizes available. All other sizes will be continued. Some sizes may take up to 28 days for delivery.