A neat white or cool black t-shirt to be worn with jeans while socializing or under a school polo. Children will feel a calming and centering effect while wearing the t-shirt alone.
Calming Clothing for Kids has been designed specifically for children with Sensory Processing Disorders (SPD), Autism and Rett syndrome. It is a therapeutic garment using Patented Technology.
Finding clothing for children with SPD can be a challenge. There are many factors that may cause discomfort including; itchy tags, harsh materials, and exposed seams.
Calming Clothing for Kids originated out of a mother's experience. Research has shown that 'Deep Touch Pressure' has been used to calm children with autistic disorders.
When your child is wearing this clothing they will exhibit improved physical awareness and interpersonal communications.
The garments are designed to fit your child snuggly, though not tight. This will provide them with a feeling of security and body awareness, which in turn creates a calming effect.
What are the benefits?
- The clothes are therapeutic and designed using patented technology.
- Made from easy-care premium quality combed cotton and Lycra blend, this specialized fabric applies firm (but not constricting) pressure to the wearer.
- The cotton is soft, breathable and absorbs moisture for comfort.
- All tags and seams are sewn to the outside to stop any rubbing/itching feeling.
- The design is based on the theory of 'Deep Touch Pressure' (well documented to have a positive and calming effect on people with sensory processing disorders).
- With a discreet appearance, the range can be worn as an undergarment or as casual wear.
- Gentle machine washable.
- It has a discreet appearance and can be worn as an undergarment or casual wear.
- The clothing will help to calm your child.
The content label is attached to the outside of the garment to be removed by the purchaser. The size is printed on the back of the garment.
Calming Clothing is an Australian owned company so we recommend a few points regarding sizing:
- Compression Clothing should be a snug fit
- The size is true to age - however if you believe your child to be smaller or larger for their age, please check their measurements
- The clothing is produced in Sydney, Australia, therefore the sizing is in centimeters
- For accurate results please measure your child in centimeters (cm) and refer to the chart above