It is ideal for those with Hypotonia, Cerebral Palsy, Down Syndrome, Muscular Atrophy, Athetosis, and Sensory Processing Disorder.
Includes a pair of Removeable Rigid Stays. Replacement rigid stays can also be bought separately.
- Double Layer Lycra/Nylon Fabric
- Microperforated Neoprene
- 1" Hook and Loop
- 100% Latex-Free
1. The Core-Max Quest provides abundant and consistent proprioceptive input via compression. SPIO orthoses provide two and a half times more compression than athletic compression wear. All SPIOs are made of a high quality, specially milled fabric that is lightweight, wick-able and breathable. The unique SPIO fabric maintains its compression, even after prolonged use and features high rebound properties and a strong neutral memory that assists the wearer in returning the body to mid-line.
2. The Core-Max Quest features two adjustable and removable Kydex stays that affix snuggly to the posterior back panel. The stays are low heat moldable to match the contours of each child and provide additional low-profile stability for those requiring sagittal support.
HOW TO USE YOUR TLSO VEST
* Measure each child according to the Sizing Guidelines for a good fit, never select a size for your patient based on eye-balling the SPIO.
* When donning the TLSO, attach one shoulder strap and the same side panel to the neoprene back.
* With child sitting or lying on their back, slide the child’s arm through the fastened opening and attach the other shoulder strap.
* The child can be standing, sitting or lying down on their back, depending on the child’s comfort level.
* Place the child on their stomach on your lap or on the floor (sitting, standing or kneel-stand are also possible).
* To attach the side panel, pull the vest down over the hips and wrap the panel snugly around the child.
* Fasten the crotch strap so it is snug, not tight.
* The crotch strap is designed to prevent the vest from riding up.
* The vest should fit snugly and firmly. You may have to adjust it a few times after the initial donning to optimize the fit.
* If you slip your hand under the abdominal area, with proper tension, you should feel a snug compression.
* Allows for 6 cm of adjustment.
Fitting Help Videos:
Intro to measuring & Fitting a SPIO
How to Measure & Fit a TLSO Compression Vest